Triporama

Musings about my travels in and out of country.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Istanbul So Far

12M people in Istanbul.

The weather is 70s, sunny, pretty nice! Learned how to get token for the tram and went to the Turkish-Islamic Art Museum and the Turkish Archeological Museum. Pretty amazing the extent of history in this area. Saw this underground cistern from several hundred years ago. Left on our own to make it around to these places this afternoon.

Speak a little English to each other and right away you have some guy saying, "Oh, where from? America? What state? I've been there; I live there; I have a shop in the bazaar; I sell Turkish carpets;....." Not as persistent as China or Egypt, however.



Had lunch at this little restaurant. Grilled eggplant with onions and tomatoes, and some bulgar rice. Su to drink. (i.e. water).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home