Triporama

Musings about my travels in and out of country.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

This is the interior of the Blue Mosque, one of the shots I took. However, this one is with my little camera and the rest are on my larger camera, which I left on the bus today. I am hoping to get it back tomorrow!

Today we visited Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, and took a boat ride on the Bosphorus Strait, which was named for a pregnant flying cow which flew away from Zeus wife and flew over this area. Thus, Bosphorus means the area the cow flew over. The myth has to do with Io and Zeus, love affair and Zeus\ wife wanting to murder Io. You can look that up yourself.


Later in the afternoon, we took the Tunel up the hill at a popular area on the Golden Horn area.

Lunch at the Pudding Cafe. I had eggplant saute with lamb, bulgar rice and water. Others, spinach and zucchini with peppers.

Weather today was about 75 with clouds, nice breeze unless you were in a building without air conditioning, and then it was a bit muggy.

Overall, a fine day!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home